RE: Authentication Validation

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Authentication Validation
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 09:06:16 -0700
>>>I did just that and I wrote to each of the bidders that the car is
suspect and that they should question its authenticity before plunking down
their $$.

Melusky<<<

Hopefully any potential buyer will be greatful for your efforts, and after
that what more can you do? Well.... , thought it would be a lot of work for
someone, perhaps there could be a registry of BOGUS Tigers on the web. As
these cars come up they are displayed (in picture) with arrows and captions
pointing out the fraud. You know, kind of like why they have those mug shots
at the post office. Since these cars seem to change hands often (likely
after the buyer finds out what they have bought) the purpose would see
multiple use. Norm has a few bogus Tigers on his web site, but they are more
for example than an up to date presentation.
 Anyway, as these cars appear they are listed in the "bogus registry" and
all those on the bid list could be sent a link. Just a thought to anyone who
is web site savvy and has time on their hands (sorry to say, that is not
me).
Tom Witt

> >Given that Kruse is wilfully perpetrating a fraud here, we could notify
Ebay
> >and let them deal with Kruse as they think they ought to.
> >
> >Theo
> >
> I did just that and I wrote to each of the bidders that the car is suspect
and that they should question its authenticity before plunking down their
$$.