rear shocks

To: "tiger forum" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: rear shocks
From: "Ken Ritacco" <ritacco0758@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 21:41:30 -0400
Hello all

I just pulled the rear leaf springs on my Mk1a to have them rebuilt and I
noticed that the rear koni shocks have been coming in contact with the axel
housing at some point based on the rubbed off paint on the rear end and the
shocks.

 I'm thinking this took place during the occasional hard starts off the
line.

I also picked up a set of bolt on traction masters that I will be installing
with the re-built springs.

Has anyone had this happen on their car and do you think the rebuilt springs
along with the traction masters will keep this from happening in the future.
I'm concerned about bending a shock.

Thanks
Ken