TE/AE- New England Fall Foliage Run

To: "Tigers" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TE/AE- New England Fall Foliage Run
From: "Jim Boynton" <jimboynton@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 05:26:57 -0400
TE/AE- New England Fall Foliage Run
Sunday, October 3, 2004 (Rain date October 10th)
12 Noon
110 Bible Hill Rd
Hillsboro, NH

TE/AE New England invites Sunbeam owners to a Fall Foliage Drive in
Southern New Hampshire. We'll have cookout with hamburgers and hot dogs.
Please plan to bring a side dish or dessert to complement the meal and
anything you might want to drink. Additional lawn chairs may be a good
idea if we have a large turnout.

 Please RVSP:
Jim Boynton (603) 464-3607 or via email: jimboynton@comcast.net.
Stu Brennan (508) 384-2488 or via email: stubrennan@comcast.net

The Drive

We will leave Hillsboro via Route 202 South to Peterborough.
Peterborough is the home of The MacDowell Colony and site of Thornton
Wilder's "Our Town". The drive continues on 202 to Jaffrey. Nestled at
the base of famous 3,165 ft  Monadnock Mountain it is said, with Mount
Fuji in Japan, to be the most climbed mountain in the world.  At Jaffery
we will switch to Route 137 North and drive to Dublin. Dublin is site of
some of the most beautiful houses in the region, and home of Yankee
Magazine and the Old Farmer's Almanac. Many members of New England's
literary, intellectual and artistic society came to Dublin in the late
19th century. Be sure to keep an eye on the open ponds; you may spot a
moose or two this time of year. The drive continues to Harrisville, a
prototype of a rural New England factory village. Named a National
Historic Landmark for creative preservation of its 19th-century
industrial heritage, the town's old factories look right at home in some
of the northeast's most striking natural beauty, including nearby Mount
Monadnock. The picturesque village is a great favorite with artists and
photographers. Harrisville Pond is one of New Hampshire's
most-photographed sites. After pausing in Harrisville we connect to
Route 9 and follow it back to Hillsboro. In Hillsboro we are presently
celebrating the 200th anniversary of the birth of President Franklin
Pierce.

Directions:

>From Concord (East) - From 93 North or South take I-89N.  Take exit
5-Route 202/9 Henniker/Keene.  Take the second Hillsboro exit (Rte 202
Peterborough).  Take a left at the end of the exit (McDonald's). Proceed
50 yards and take first left just past Irving Gas Station onto Bible
Hill Rd (Osram Sylvania parking lot will be on your right). Follow Bible
Hill six tenths of a mile and my house will be on the left and look for
a welcome sign.

>From Keene (West) - take Route 202/9 East toward Concord.  Take the exit
for 202/149 Antrim & Peterborough.  At the bottom of the exit take a
right  at the stop sign. Take a left at the light (McDonalds on left).
). Proceed 50 yards and take first left just past Irving Gas onto Bible
Hill Rd (Osram Sylvania parking lot will be on your right). Follow Bible
Hill six tenths of a mile and my house will be on the left and look for
a welcome sign.

>From the South (Rte 202).  At the Hillsboro Intersection (Hillsboro Ford
on right) take a right and than an immediate left just pass Irving Gas
Station onto Bible Hill Rd (Osram Sylvania parking lot will be on your
right). Follow Bible Hill six tenths of a mile and my house will be on
the left and look for a welcome sign.

Use Mapquest: (Use the complete link below or type the address above
into Mapquest).

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US
<http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&countryid=US&addtohisto
ry=&searchtab=address&searchtype=address&address=110+Bible+Hill+Rd++PO+B
ox+224&city=Hillsboro&state=nh&zipcode=03244&search=++Search>