Re: Torque and Horsepower

To: MWood24020@aol.com, modtiger@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Torque and Horsepower
From: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 17:17:19 -0800 (PST)
Mike,
Your probably right... I have found as I get older (and older) that
much of what in theory is the optimal performance setup offers limited
real benefit compared to the compromised real world use. I already wish
I had gone with a stout stroker motor instead of the heavy breathing
302 and want to swap the 2-chamber Flowmaster 40s for something
quieter. I even plan to pull the roll bar and harnesses for a normal 3
point belt setup. It's possible once I start using the Tiger for longer
weekend trips I may want to at least revert back to the 2.88:1 rear
end(not an option for a while since I have 2 year old twins and even
then, my wife doesn't really like long rides with the top down).

For now though, 2700ish rpm @ 70mph doesn't bother me and I should be
able to keep accelarating after a 4-5 upshift on the front straight at
Texas World Speedway rather than top out in 4th gear (once I get the
nerve to take it on the track instead of my Miata).

Stephen Waybright

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250