Re: Tiger Hood height adjustment Question

To: Robin Young <robin02@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Tiger Hood height adjustment Question
From: Steve Sage <fastsage@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 09:52:42 -0700
Robin Young wrote:

>Steve wrote:
>This got me to thinking if propping the hood open
>slightly during very hot weather will help the car cool a bit better.
>
>Steve, when I bought my car the seller had done this. It is pretty simple to
>screw out the hood catch pin and hold the hood secure in a 1" open position.
>It  looks peculiur and did not cure an over heat problem (I live in
>Florida).  Also, I am not sure that this would not work against cooling at
>higher speeds since such a high pressure exists against the windshield. With
>the airstream piling up there, some air may escape into the engine
>compartment. This  is why reverse air scoops work.  If you try it please
>tuft test and let us know which way the air flows. Robin Young

I'll let the list know if I can figure a good way to do it. I had not
thought about the air flow direction issue at high speed. I'll tie a
piece of string at the latch to see if in fact it blows back into the
engine, or forward at speed. Great idea.

Just to clarify again, though; Since I'm not loosing any coolant, the
reason for my exercise is to just bring under hood temps down a bit, my
theory being that this would result in a bit less heat being there to
transfer to the passenger compartment, plus putting less load on my A/C,
letting it run colder when outside temps are really hot.

Steve Sage