RE: not really Tiger related

To: "'Tom Witt'" <wittsend@jps.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: not really Tiger related
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:58:38 -0400
Tom
        ATF deteriorates as a function of temperature.   I think the safe
zone for ATF is around 200F and it will last about 100K miles in an
automatic trans, above 200F and the life of ATF drops very fast.

        I'm not sure what the change interval for a T5 should be, but it
sounds like you should change the ATF in that T-Bird to see if it gets
quieter.   If you change the ATF and the old stuff has a lot of particles in
it then you know there is a wear problem that needs to be addressed.

Ron Fraser