Re: Tiger for sale

To: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Tiger for sale
From: Steve Sage <fastsage@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 17:33:23 -0700
Ken Ritacco wrote:

>...........Also by placing the heater control valve on the pasenger
>side it keeps the heat out of the cockpit.....................
>Ken Ritacco

Does that really work (keep extra hot air out of the footwell when you
don't want it, which is pretty much always in a Tiger)? I'm replacing my
rotten, leaking heater core with a new one I just got from SS in the
next couple of days so this would be the time to do it if I decide to.
I haven't studied the water flow through the heater. If this is correct,
it means that the hot water flows out of the left (passenger) side of
the engine, through the heater core and then down back into the engine
on the driver's side. Is this the case? My original engine compartment
layout is long gone with my AC installation so that's not much of an
issue anymore.

Steve Sage