Re: Looking for a Roll Bar

To: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.Ronak@crna.akzonobel.com>
Subject: Re: Looking for a Roll Bar
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 11:30:59 -0800
Tim,

Welcome to the "Wonderful World of Litigation".

Due to the liability a manufacturer would face, even with the best design,
many refuse to state that these are "roll bars".  This might imply
suitability
for the purpose (it does).  With today's litigious world, the "show bar"
designation
has arisen.  Of course the issue of bars that are truly for show, only,
then arises.

Speed Channel and Discovery Channel both offer custom builders shows, and
such shops for true race preparation also exist.  It is better to have one
specifically built for your needs and car, and installed, by a pro.  Do
not expect
a roll over guarantee.

Steve

___