Re: To Dip or Not to Dip

To: "Tiger Board" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: To Dip or Not to Dip
From: "John R. Engle" <tigermaniac@siscom.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 18:23:30 -0500
You may want to consult with Doug Jennings, the owner of Tiger Auto Service
in Dayton OH.  He has restored many Tigers and has dipped them all.  I don't
ever recall him mentioning having paint problems years after any dip.  From
a personal basis my Mk-II was dipped in 1993 and my Mk-Ia in 1999 and I have
yet to see any evidence of  paint damage caused by seepage of chemicals from
seams on either car.  The trick is to wash, wash and wash and then dry all
seams with a torch to drive all moisture out.  Don't be afraid to go this
route and consult with Doug if you need further advice.