RE: Old Folks

To: "'Tigers'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Old Folks
From: <gharlowe@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 14:43:40 -0500
-------------------------
"Well, so far I'm the oldest owner that I've seen checking in. Can
anyone beat my 77? Lets hear from you."
-------------------------

I've heard Andy Rooney is a long-time Tiger owner.  He also turned 77
this year (b. Jan 14, 1919, according to an on-line bio).

I bought my Mk1A (B38201466) in running condition in 2002 for $7900.  I
was 37 at the time.  I'm still reassembling after a complete tear down.
I had previously owned a 1967 Plymouth Satellite convertible (Commando
383 4bbl) as a daily driver, but I had a heck of a time finding safe
street parking in San Francisco.  It was parked on the street one night
when an uninsured drunk totaled it.  I decided to buy another classic,
but easier to park and a much smaller target.  I always admired a
co-worker's beautiful red Series 1 Alpine, so I bought a Series V in
1992 (sold in 1999).  Three yrs later, now in Maryland with a garage, I
caught the "classic" bug again.  This time I went looking for a
restorable Tiger (Alpine looks, Commando power).

Cheers,
Graham Harlowe
B382001466