Re: Old Farts - Stand up and be counted!

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Old Farts - Stand up and be counted!
From: "Curt" <choffman9@cinci.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 17:28:55 -0500
Since I am running the Tigers East / Alpines East United this year, and have
had several discussions with members about ages and such, your data will be
very interesting. There is some concern for our club, just like there is for
the Harley group I am also a member of, that our members are greying and
will vanish from the earth before too long (I had previously reported my age
as 57 so I suppose I am getting qualified to talk about old age).

Nice to see some younger folks involved but we may have a real issue on how
we get more younger people involved. I liken it to the value of old cars
like model Ts and MGTDs and such. That generation has come and gone in terms
of buying and the value of the cars I believe has peaked. Who in our
generation wants a model T unless it has a hemi in it. Once all us old dogs
who lusted after muscle cars in the 60s have filled our needs, or can't
drive anymore, will there really be anyone else who wants these cars. The
tricked out civics and such may be the classics of the future.

I have my kids thinking the Tiger is pretty cool, and they might even keep
it when I go, who knows. Just something I ponder with a glass of wine.

But come to the United in Mainstrasse, Covington KY in October and we'll
philosophise (sp?) on this in depth : )

Curt Hoffman

!