Re: gears that mesh

To: Tom Hall <modtiger@comcast.net>, <pirouette@charter.net>
Subject: Re: gears that mesh
From: 65Tiger@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 02:56:53 +0000
Tom wrote, "The 3.35 is too low even with the 2.88 OEM gearing."

Amen! The Tremec 3550 comes with a 3.29 first gear, my car has a 3:31 rear
and 1st gear is way too low (its easy to start the car moving).  The Tremec TKO
comes with 2.87 1st gear and 0.82 5th gears.
The P.O. put in a 3.31 differential.  It solved the launch problem with the
close ratio top loader, but now its time to change back to the 2.88 stock rear.
The 5 speed makes the car more versatile at both ends of the spectrum
and it most noticeable in 0.68 overdrive.
Anyone in San Jose have a good 2.88 to swap for a good 3.31?

Curtis Fisher

From: <pirouette@charter.net>