Re: Some more Sunbeam Talbot Supreme Photographs

To: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>, Tigers List <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Some more Sunbeam Talbot Supreme Photographs
From: Bob Hamilton <hamilton@accesswave.ca>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:38:42 -0400
Hi all,

Definitely an early 1953 Sunbeam Talbot 90 MK IIA Drophead Coupe that
might be restorable but with more dollars than you would ever get out
of it but it would make a good donor car.

The small plate with the B.L.S.P. and STC 10451 is the body number
applied by British Light Steel Pressings Limited, a subsidiary of the
Rootes Group that made most of the body panel pressings. STC =
Sunbeam Talbot Coupe. Thrupp & Maberley were reputed to be the coach
builders, yet another subsidiary of the Rootes Group.

>When I looked in the compartment, I spotted a number just in front
>of the can on the intake manifold and I could make out 1720 stamped
>there. Bob H. says this is part of the head, but it certainly did
>not look that way to me.

Not quite what I said. The VIN and engine number are the same (when
manufactured) and this number is stamped on the block just under the
head gasket in line with #1 spark plug. It is not stamped on the
intake manifold. That is just a casting number in the aluminum.

I have cc'd this message to my Sunbeam Talbot owners mailing list
(130 subscribers) as a matter of interest there. Web site
www.sunbeamtalbot.info.

Later,
Bob

At 07:13 PM 3/23/2006, drmayf wrote:
>Well, as promised, here are the photographs with some narrative from
>me. Be gentle..
>
>http://www.mayfco.com/sunbeam-talbot.htm
>

>mayf, out in pahrump

Robert (Bob) A.C. Hamilton, Waverley, Nova Scotia, Canada
Sunbeam Talbots - Alpine, Drophead and Saloon, 1953-1954
Sunbeam Talbot Web Page: www.sunbeamtalbot.info (or .org)
E-Mail: hamilton@accesswave.ca or robertach@ca.inter.net