RE: Fast Tiger

To: theo.smit@dynastream.com
Subject: RE: Fast Tiger
From: "Joey Hiykel" <v8sunbeamtiger@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 15:51:57 -0600
wow theo, that was very interesting. Thanks alot.

I dont know about the 289 thing. Nitrous is a BIG power adder. There are
200hp  shots that can make alot of hp to an engine. But like you said, its
probly one of the other engines.

A 347 stroker with nos, and maybe a supercharger. But no it didnt sound like
it had a turbo or supercharger. I tihnk it was all motor and bottle. there
are many options he could have used with todays technology.

Can we get a guessing game going. And chuck if you know, maybe let the
guessing go for a little bit before telling to make it fun. :-)

Joey

>From: "Theo Smit" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
>To: "'Joey Hiykel'" <v8sunbeamtiger@hotmail.com>
>CC: <tigers@autox.team.net>
>Subject: RE: Fast Tiger
>Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 14:41:56 -0700
>
>Size doesn't matter (beyond being in the "close enough" category)... It's a
>matter of cubic dollars.
>
>http://www.stealth316.com/2-calc-hp-et-mph.htm
>This page has some drag race rule of thumb calculators. If you plug in
>Jerry's performance (9.8 at 137 MPH) and Tiger weight (2600, I suppose we
>should use 2800 lbs to count driver and fuel), then you get out numbers
>ranging from from 560 to 880 hp, depending on whether you use the ET or the
>speed to do the calculation, and which formula. The speed based formulas
>all
>spit out numbers in the 560 to 650 HP range. These empirical formulas are
>based on later model cars, that presumably don't have the aerodynamic
>prowess of the Tiger, so the numbers would likely have to be increased to
>reflect what's really going on.
>
>I've never heard of anyone getting 600 plus horsepower out of a 289 even
>with nitrous. Not that you can't do it, especially for 10 seconds, but as I
>recall one of the remarkable things about Jerry's Tiger is that it's
>(relatively) street-drivable.
>
>Once you increase the displacement (302/322/347 CID) it becomes easier to
>make the required power, but it doesn't really become much cheaper.
>
>Theo

Dont just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!