Re: SLC Mk 2 on Ebay

To: rande <rande@thecia.net>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SLC Mk 2 on Ebay
From: Bill Manning <gripdad@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 22:33:39 -0800 (PST)
Rande,
I looked at this car today. It is very original but
has many dings and paint chips some down to bare
metal. It really needs a good degreasing and detailing
mostly underneath and in the engine compartment. It is
missing various screws and bolts, no lens on the map
light and the carb had a slight fuel leak which Justin
said he would fix. The left rear fender was repaired
and repainted and the paint in that area has some
reticulation. The stripe on the left rear fender was
painted on. The trunk has an unvented lead acid
battery in it that has leaked and caused some
corrosion. The underside of the car was greasy and
dirty. The car could be cleaned up and enjoyed as is
but it is on the verge of needing a complete
restoration. I offered $40,000 but the owner is
looking for $60,000. He said he turned down an offer
for $55K. I personally think it is a couple of years
away from being worth $60K and you would be way upside
down on a restoration. You could buy Ken Miles'
completely restored prototype for $60K which is also
on ebay.
I'm curious, does anyone know what it sold for last
time?
                -Bill