[Tigers] Oil Filter Question

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Oil Filter Question
From: "Jim" <jimsnell@qwest.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 20:15:25 -0700
Hi - looking for some help on how best to remove the oil filter.  The oil
filter is like what's pictured below (hopefully it comes thru).  There are 3
nuts that look like they should come off on the upper part of the filter: one
right up top (#1 below); one at the end of the hose on the upper side coming
into the J tube (#2 below) and one on the lower side (#3 below).  I've tried
all 3 and all don't budge.  Before I force anything, thought I'd see from the
group how best to detach the filter.

A couple of related questions.  Does anyone know who sells the replacement
canister (standard oil filter?).  I think I must have a small hole in the
filter canister as I'm getting a leak out the bottom side, but there's nothing
leaking anywhere up top at any connections or down the top part of the
canister.

Also - is there a spin on filter adaptor that can be used to make filter
changes easier?  I have a 5 bolt 289 with headers.

Thanks!

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/bmp which had a name of oil
filter.bmp]