Re: [Tigers] piston sizes

To: "Bob Dixon" <bobdixon@frii.com>, <Rollright@aol.com>, <mark.rense@ge.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] piston sizes
From: "Teepen, Jere" <jteepen@usatoday.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 01:13:03 -0400
 In 1999 I had my virgin 260 rebuilt and the engine shop used off the
shelf Keith Black .030 pistons made specifically for Ford 260 engines.
I do not have part numbers or any information about current
availability.  I suspect they were not expensive as the entire rebuild
(shot peened rods, all new bearings, ported heads, new cam, etc.) only
cost $1800.00.  I have since sold that car but have contact with the
current owners and it is still running strong.

Jere