Re: [Tigers] Edlebrock Intake Question

To: "'Steve Sage'" <fastsage@cox.net>, <TIGERS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Edlebrock Intake Question
From: "Jim" <jim@island.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 20:32:02 -0700
Hi Steve

I have a Performer RPM Air Gap on my new 5 liter with a 650 double pump
Holley and stock air cleaner. There is about 3/8" clearance at the front
corners of the air cleaner and more at the rear. I had a Performer on the
289 hipo that I replaced. The new manifold seems to tilt the carb a little
more so that the front is just a touch lower... BTW there IS no Performer
Air Gap ... only a Performer RPM Air Gap which I assume is the same height
as the Performer RPM ...only difference being the space under the runners...
The old Performer is noticeably 'shorter' ...

Jim
382000446