Re: [Tigers] Aluminum Flywheel question

To: Dan Eiland <deiland1@elp.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Aluminum Flywheel question
From: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 21:07:04 -0700 (PDT)
Dan, I think one of my aluminum flywheels McLeod has the steel insert held by
rivets, another (Fidanza) uses AN Countersunk Philips Head with a jet nut
(locking, AN). I don't know if it would be bad to do it direct to the aluminum,
I think just better to get the right size nuts and bolts. You can find an odd
variety of these at Aircraft spruce, and other race shops, even Mcmaster carr
has a selection of mil spec bolts/screws. Or why not just ground/cut down the
offending long bolts a dremel will make short work of it? Also you likely could
get replacment ones from fidanza if similar style.

One other interesting thing is that the pressure plates on all of the flywheels
thread into the aluminum, so it might be fine, just some food for thought.

Sandy