Re: [Tigers] Pusher fan

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Pusher fan
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 13:56:07 -0700
Mark,
  I'll do two sends so you get the picture and one to the list.  I used a
Mercedes Benz pusher fan. These are found in multitudes at self serve
wrecking yards. I think I paid about $15 for mine.
  I mounted it to the body works so the radiator could be removed without it
interfering. It has been a number of years, but I recall finessing it in
without removing the radiator (but I can't say for sure).
  I've not run the car yet so I can't account for the effectiveness.  Also,
I'm not sure how much I would detect with the engine running, but when I ran
the fan by itself I did notice it humming a bit due to the mounting to the
body. While not using isolated mounts, I did use rubber on the bolts to
limit the vibrations.
 Tom