Re: [Tigers] Intake manifold article

To: "R Smith" <max348@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Intake manifold article
From: "Ronak, TP \(Timothy\)" <Timothy.Ronak@crna.akzonobel.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 17:59:10 -0400
Robert,
I do not have height measurements for the engine that are from a generic
source, but for what it is worth if the mounts are in opposite then the
engine will be slightly forward and higher than otherwise as I recall.
My engine is 10.25 inches measured from the MSD Distributor to the
nearest edge of the formed opening of the engine bay. Not sure though if
the MSD distributor is the same diameter as a stock Ford unit. I took a
2x4 and laid it across the fenders directly over the timing cover and
measured down 7 and 5/8 inches (7-5/8") to the timing cover casting at
the formation of the uppermost bolt (Closest point to 2x4). This should
give you a decent comparison.

Best Regards,

Tim Ronak
Services Consultant