Re: [Tigers] Florida DMV  YOM law

To: sralsten@ca.rr.com ("Steve Ralsten"), tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Florida DMV  YOM law
From: Sjhcobra1@cs.com
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 20:09:56 -0400
Florida has had a similar law for several years.  You can locate through swap
meets or there are a few vendors that sell original Florida tags for the titled
year of your vintage car.  There is a form to complete and a fee structure
that's lower than vanity plates. You send your tag, the form and the fee and in
about 4 weeks you get your tag back with the current year sticker applied. The
fellow that I buy plates from has quite a selection of NOS plates and if you're
lucky he may even have the right county and weight class for your car (he
charges around $20.00).

I have a 1966 original tag for my Mk1 Tiger,and an original 1965 tag for my 65
Mustang K-Code GT.  I think its pretty neat and each year I renew with a
sticker to cover the prior year on the tag.

Steve Halbrook