Re: [Tigers] Hood louvers 2

To: Bruce MacDougall <camelot15@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Hood louvers 2
From: michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 21:19:59 +1100
> A question to Michael King: What is tunneling the valance?
>
> Thank you all. Bruce MacDougall
>
> Bruce,

Probably a really bad way of expressing what Jay did (i think its Jay) on
the united site. Building a series of panels that chanels the air though the
valence and gets it to the radiator. It estentialy creates a tunnel so that
the air is not lost out the sides and goes from under the bumper through the
radiator without spilling out he sides or past it.

Also as mentioned on the board a good thing to check is that you are
actually running warm.. get a infrared thermometer and point it at the temp
sender, see if the gauge is actually accuarate and also see what the temp is
at the thermostat and radiator.

Also the ford motors are apparently meant to run well between 190-200 its
been discussed here a few times.. we all get so worried because we look at
the linear way the gauge is laid out, just bcause the mid markings are
170-190 doesnt mean our motors should not be running there.. heck.. its the
same gauge as an alpine and hey are a very different motor and run diffeent
temps.

If the car is not losing fluid.. not running badly when its getting warmer
according to the guage.. it may not be an acurate reading.

--
Regards

Michael King