[Tigers] LAT bonnets and aston vanquish

To: Tiger Talk List Tiger <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] LAT bonnets and aston vanquish
From: michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 00:06:45 +1100
While looking under the bonnet (hood) of an aston martin vanquish today i
noticed something that could be usefull to tiger owners.. especially those
with LAT hoods.

Look at a pic on the net and you will see 2 x silver insulated chimneys
rising up from deep in the engine bay going to the 2 vents in the rear of
the bonnet. I looked further down at these and they were attached to large
sheilds of the same insulating material that wrapped over and sheilded the
headers. The chimneys entered those.. they vent the heat from the headers to
the bonnet vents.

This would work on a tiger and with an LAT bonnet i am sure some negative
pressure where the NCCA vents are would help draw the hot air from the
engine bay even better. I'll try and post some pics at some point.. you
would lose the cool look of the headers in the engine bay.. but i bet it
would make a HUGE difference in engine bay temps.

--
Regards

Michael King