Re: [Tigers] Headers versus Cast Iron Exhaust Manifolds

To: "Rense, Mark (GE Indust, ConsInd)" <mark.rense@ge.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Headers versus Cast Iron Exhaust Manifolds
From: michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 09:12:19 +1000
Mark,

Variable inlets were used on the 90's M3 BMW's and in F1 until it got banned
they had variable inlets and exhausts.. lots of modern cars have butterfly
valves in the mufflers these days to let them be quiet down low and loud
when you step on it.. but in theory it sort of does the same thing..
increases flow at higher rpm when the engine breathes harder.