Re: [Tigers] Alternator Adjustment Arm / Fan Belt

To: <rfraser@bluefrog.com>, <CoolVT@aol.com>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Alternator Adjustment Arm / Fan Belt
From: "Would U. Believe" <mcdangerous@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 08:40:08 -0400
Thanks Ron.  Much appreciated.  I think the trial and error method will be
the only way to get the belt length right.  I have the belt that came with
my engine, but without the right adjustment arm, I can9t tell if it is
right.  I have an adjustment arm off an old Ford (Fairlane or Falcon) but
beyond having the wrong angle, making it interfere with the alternator fan,
I think it might also be too short.  So I can tighten the belt only to the
point where it won9t fall off the pulleys (nowhere near tight enough).  I9ve
located a Tiger adjustment arm, so when that arrives, I9ll check on the belt
length and let you know what I find works.  I9m amazed how many Tiger parts
are out there, considering how few of these cars were built and how few
people even know what the car is when they see it.   Thanks again.