Re: [Tigers] driving lights

To: Beamclub TIGER <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] driving lights
From: Allan Ballard <allanballard@att.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 17:06:56 -0400
Back in the day it was not unusual to run 2 fog lights.

One switch for 2 fog lights makes sense from that perspective.

Regarding the use of one switch for both fog and driving lights, the rotary
switch for fog and spot (driving) lights (Sparto or Wipac) provided
Off--Fog--Spot (Driving) or Pair (both).

If one didn't have a rotary switch, the only option that would allow operation
of either light or both lights
would call for two switches.

Allan Ballard
Mk1a Tiger
SIV Alpine

On Apr 13, 2011, at 4:35 PM, Ron Fraser wrote:

> Gene
>       TBON lists the driving light and the fog light but there is little
> detail.  The switch panel is not shown.
>
> The Rootes Parts List in the Special Accessories Section indicates:
>
> 5220643       Driving Lamp Kit        superseded by 1216602
> 5220644       Fog Lamp Kit    superseded by 1216603
>
> Note. For initial fitting 5220276 Switch Kit(Series I,II& III) 1800381
> Switch from Series IV and 1201417 Brackets are required
>
>       The wire diagram shows one switch and 2 Fog lights.   This could be
> a typo about the 2 Fog lights?  The one switch with the Fog and Driving
> light makes sense since you would use one or the other lamps as required
for
> the driving conditions.   2 Switches would let you have both lights on at
> the same time.
>
> Is there a wire diagram with the Switch kit that explains the 2 switches?
> don't know.
>
> Ron Fraser

has