Re: [Tigers] My 347 numbers!

To: "Samouce's" <wsamouce@kc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] My 347 numbers!
From: Tom Parker <tkparker1941@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 18:04:53 -0400
"Engine would not idle below 1500"

That's a bit high even with an aggressive cam... Timing? Vacuum leak? Idle
adjustment? Stuck throttle cable? (I've run into all those birthing the 289
in my Mark 2...). With a mild Edelbrock flat tappet cam, Edelbrock heads,
full length headers, and a 600 Holley 4160 (vacuum secondaries) I can get
the idle down to 800 - 900 rpm, relatively smoothly.

The gas mileage, however, is not as good as I'd like it. Maybe because the
carb's sized for @ 350 CI. After a discussion with Dr. Mayfield a few months
ago I ordered a wide-band Air/Fuel gauge. Once it's in I hope to know more.
As it is, the limited driving I've done eats through a 6 gallon gas can full
way to quickly.

Hope you have an engine hoist, Duke, You're getting to the fun part!

Tom

' 67 Mark 2