Re: [Tigers] Turn Signal Flasher Socket

To: CoolVT@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Turn Signal Flasher Socket
From: Jay Laifman <jay.laifman@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 16:38:24 -0700
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net, larryall@pacbell.net
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=subject:mime-version:content-type:from:in-reply-to:date:cc :content-transfer-encoding:message-id:references:to:x-mailer; bh=M1iK3NtHIlOCvQ1BJgcho3mXM9zqYw76aqbyw3Q9Pkg=; b=KGM+Byh8RQM4I2WO4sNlYRu87jgNU5RESVjNIsDEDWbldnPoN3Um2wFQqTNFtDXUMe J2Et5aDMmAT8nB+3ycE5dJM6fwx0B2qmI/23466Wt7VAPutkL5i88BkbPELITBo1R9U5 gqCgHRRAVI2MxS9aKXFngwOJGuFRuGk4P7FzywOVtr9gXSIKjx/X0DxCSPk9Ag7X6R1B XUt6hhv2Q7tk9BHlwpIlyNZypw0g4tdkCYKSoaH7OtmWK0zTEzy1mmiNSvwC5QSkM2Df ZzMVfGkJzhXpM5yvgitBRFcPwVdzN0sf7ZEmzo9X41Y6QxSom1Pgv/Hh/hhIbVCzbbWj Pvgw==
I'd agree.  The front signals are grounded though the two small screws that
hold the turn signal units to the fenders.  The rears are through the wing
nuts - if I recall correctly.  All easily messed up by decades of weather. I
did add wired grounds to all of them when I restored it the first time.  The
headlights are already grounded by a wire that runs up to the rubber bumper
for the bonnet.

The last time I took off my dash (20 years ago), I'd say that the heater
controls would get in the way of easily pulling it down - that and 48 year old
stiff wires that don't have much room to go to begin with would also hold it
back.  I'd be nervous of pulling on the whole thing, and what it might do to
some of those wires.

Of course, of all the bad things they say about Lucas, the only problem I ever
had with my Sunbeam wiring was from the radio and extra gauges that I added in
the late 70's.  I've long since took them out and never had a problem since.

If you really wanted to check the power, I'd trace the wires to their other
ends and put the meter or test light there.

Jay

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/jay.laifman@gmail.com