Re: [Tigers] White paint - Non Tiger

To: "'Stu Brennan'" <stubrennan@comcast.net>, "'Tiger Net'" <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] White paint - Non Tiger
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 09:44:04 -0400
Stu
        All of today's vehicles are basecoat - clearcoat.  As I understand
any color can peel if the paint process goes wrong.   Dodge Neon blue for a
long time it was common for that color to flake.  I saw one Neon with half
the clearcoat peeled off.  I have seen Ford blue and GM blue, red and green
with this problem.  I can't say I've seen white flaking but you need to be
closer to white to see that; the other colors are obvious.

        As I understand the problem - the basecoat is too thin - the primer
is UV sensitive so the primer starts to pop the paint off.

Check all the surfaces for any flaked off paint - if it starts in one place
it will just continue to flake the paint.

Check for any paint recalls or problems on AllData.com or other sources.

Look for other similar vehicles to see if the paint is flaking off.

Ron Fraser