[Tigers] Pertronix / MSD Coil

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Pertronix / MSD Coil
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 23:13:31 -0700
Not a Tiger application in my case - but..., I know  quite a few of the Tiger
folks are running the Pertronix ignition module ( the original version in my
case). Are any of you running the MSD Blaster 2 coil (8203)?  I am not
planning to use the MSD box, only the Pertronix and the MSD coil.  I've read
on the internet where some have no issues at all. However, there are those who
say that Pertonix told them NOT to use the MSD coil.

So, it is a bit confusing. If you have had success with the combination I'm
planning, I'd like to hear from you.  Also, I'd like to know if you use a
ballast resistor.  MSD says the resistor, .8 ohms, is only needed for points.

Thanks, Tom