Re: [Tigers] Mark II # 504

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Mark II # 504
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 19:31:17 -0800
The other side of this car is for someone like me.  My Mark I was nearly as
bad as this car.  I never set out to have a pristine Tiger, only a Tiger
that was mechanically well done and an appearance that was marginally
acceptable (even if barely so).  I'd have to see the floors and sills, but
assuming they are not too far gone a donor Alpine and a fair amount of my
own work gets this car..., well..., functional.  As in primered and able to
drive down the street functional.

I know given the rarity of a Mark II most everyone would expect it to be an
awesome car.  My perspective is that for the selling price plus no more than
$5K and I'd have genuine, functioning Mark II.  Why not!  Maybe the least
appealing of all the Mark II's out there, but none the less a Mark II.  And,
even if I sold all the Mark II specific parts to finance this "project" I'd
still have a Mark II by VIN.  And that is something that can't be taken or
sold away.

I know to 99.9% that is not an appealing approach, but it is another way of
looking at this car.  That said, $9K+ is too steep for my wallet and Florida
is clear across the country.  But, yea, my insanely cheap self, "would if I
could."   And for those that know my Mark I has been on jackstands for
nearly 14 years..., Ummm..., I do mean well in my intensions.

Tom