Re: [Tigers] Interior questions

To: Andy Walker <awtiger@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Interior questions
From: Tom Parker via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 14:00:29 -0400
Cc: LIST TIGER <tigers@autox.team.net>

--001a113c11d4cfad2e0516873335

Sent me out to the Kitty with a flashlight. Rick's pn UK-72P from about 5
years ago has the same pebble finish on all the rear package area trim
pieces. I liked at mine carefully, the material is the same. You might want
to give Rick a call...

Tom
'67 Mark 2

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 12:01 PM, awtiger--- via Tigers <
tigers@autox.team.net> wrote:

> Hey, guys:
>
> The engine compartment is done, the front end is done, the dash and wiring
> harness are completed...now what?  Oh, yes...it's time to freshen the
> interior.  I'm going to start with new carpet, and to that end, I ordered
> and received a new carpet kit from Rick at SS.  However, a question has
> come up regarding the proper components of the miscellaneaous interior
> panels that trim the interior of a Mk1A.
>
> The particular questions I have are regarding the rear trim panels around
> the package tray area.  First of all, over the years I've restored two Mk1s
> but I've never done a Mk1A.  Consequently, I have some questions regarding
> these panels.  There is the rear panel with the horizontal pleats in it,
> then there are the two side panels, all of which are topped off with the
> waist roll that goes around the top of these panels to finish them off.
> My car, being B382001600, should have the pebble interior, and it does as
> far as the seats, door panels, kick panels, and rear waist roll go.
> However the two rear shelf side panels and the rear pleated shelf panel are
> not the "pebble" style of material; they are more smooth.  Is this right
> for my car?  Next, the two side panels seem to be one sheet of fabric each
> with a thin film of foam underneath.  There is also a cardboard backing
> that all of that connects to that covers the side of the shelf, with the
> exception of the rounded part of the whe
>  el well.  However, instead of having a separate piece of fabric for the
> wheel well, this thing is all one piece.  Is that the correct configuration
> or should it be two separate pieces?  If it's all one piece, how is the
> loose fabric part supposed to be attached to the wheel well and the area
> below the well?  Trim adhesive??
>
> The last question has to do with the attachment of the rear waist roll.
> My car has this waist roll glued on with trim adhesive.  However, it
> appears that there may have been some kind of clips that were once in place
> to hold this roll onto the car.  Can someone confirm this or, better yet,
> post a picture of what method of attachment was used to install that roll?
> Oh...one other thing...did the convertible top boot snap onto the car at
> its lower leading edge with conventional snaps, or was it attached in some
> other fashion?  Some really detailed pics would be most appreciated;
> evidently throughout this project, I have come to the realization that I am
> much more of a visual person (sigh).
>
> Thanks so much,
> Andy Walker
> Edmond, OK

--001a113c11d4cfad2e0516873335

UK-72P from about 5 years ago has the same pebble finish on all the rear pa=
ckage area trim pieces. I liked at mine carefully, the material is the same=
class=3D"gmail_quote">On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 12:01 PM, awtiger--- via Tige=
rs <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tigers@autox.team.net"; target=3D=
=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padd=
ing-left:1ex">Hey, guys:<br>
The engine compartment is done, the front end is done, the dash and wiring =
harness are completed...now what?=C2=A0 Oh, yes...it&#39;s time to freshen =
the interior.=C2=A0 I&#39;m going to start with new carpet, and to that end=
, I ordered and received a new carpet kit from Rick at SS.=C2=A0 However, a=
 question has come up regarding the proper components of the miscellaneaous=
 interior panels that trim the interior of a Mk1A.<br>
The particular questions I have are regarding the rear trim panels around t=
he package tray area.=C2=A0 First of all, over the years I&#39;ve restored =
two Mk1s but I&#39;ve never done a Mk1A.=C2=A0 Consequently, I have some qu=
estions regarding these panels.=C2=A0 There is the rear panel with the hori=
zontal pleats in it, then there are the two side panels, all of which are t=
opped off with the waist roll that goes around the top of these panels to f=
inish them off.=C2=A0 =C2=A0 My car, being B382001600, should have the pebb=
le interior, and it does as far as the seats, door panels, kick panels, and=
 rear waist roll go.=C2=A0 However the two rear shelf side panels and the r=
ear pleated shelf panel are not the &quot;pebble&quot; style of material; t=
hey are more smooth.=C2=A0 Is this right for my car?=C2=A0 Next, the two si=
de panels seem to be one sheet of fabric each with a thin film of foam unde=
rneath.=C2=A0 There is also a cardboard backing that all of that connects t=
o that covers the side of the shelf, with the exception of the rounded part=
 of the whe<br>
=C2=A0el well.=C2=A0 However, instead of having a separate piece of fabric =
for the wheel well, this thing is all one piece.=C2=A0 Is that the correct =
configuration or should it be two separate pieces?=C2=A0 If it&#39;s all on=
e piece, how is the loose fabric part supposed to be attached to the wheel =
well and the area below the well?=C2=A0 Trim adhesive??<br>
The last question has to do with the attachment of the rear waist roll.=C2=
=A0 My car has this waist roll glued on with trim adhesive.=C2=A0 However, =
it appears that there may have been some kind of clips that were once in pl=
ace to hold this roll onto the car.=C2=A0 Can someone confirm this or, bett=
er yet, post a picture of what method of attachment was used to install tha=
t roll?=C2=A0 Oh...one other thing...did the convertible top boot snap onto=
 the car at its lower leading edge with conventional snaps, or was it attac=
hed in some other fashion?=C2=A0 Some really detailed pics would be most ap=
preciated; evidently throughout this project, I have come to the realizatio=
n that I am much more of a visual person (sigh).<br>
Thanks so much,<br>
Andy Walker<br>
Edmond, OK<br>
//www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>