Re: [Tigers] Dipstick and oil level report

To: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Dipstick and oil level report
From: Tom Parker via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 16:04:19 -0400
Cc: LIST TIGER <tigers@autox.team.net>

--047d7bd76d0414a3da0522b70000

Guys, there are some of us with perhaps an inordinate amount of attention
to detail. I can understand it, and accept it for what it is. Behind that,
though, are guys like Ron who are a font of valuable information, and guys
like Mayf who make us proud to be / know Tiger owners. Add to that the
experts among us who have been with the cars forever. The site may get a
bit hung up on minutae (there's a one word description for that..) but I
never leave here without learning something valuable.

I'll be staying, and I hope you will too; there are things to learn and
stories to hear that it's hard to find anywhere else.

Tom
'67 Mark 2

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 12:11 PM, Sandy Ganz via Tigers <
tigers@autox.team.net> wrote:

> I'm with you, I can't image this dead horse being beaten any more...
>
> On 10/21/2015 7:15 PM, Ramon Spontelli via Tigers wrote:
>
>> ARRRRRRRRR!
>>
>> That's all I can stand/I can't stand no more!
>>
>> What's WRONG out there?
>>
>> You have a small-block Ford in your Tiger.
>>
>> If you drain the oil out of the pan.
>>
>> You put four quarts back in.
>>
>> If you change the filter, you put five quarts back in.
>>
>> If you have a high-capacity, maybe seven-quart pan, you adjust
>> accordingly.
>>
>> Screw the dipstick!  Make extra marks on it if you want to.  If you are
>> worried about some concourse judge, screw the concourse judge.  Pack an
>> unmolested dipstick for the silly-ass concourse.  Anybody ever see one
>> pull
>> the dipstick?
>>
>> Sorry . . .  I don't do this often, but this one seems sublimely
>> ridiculous
>> to me.
>>
>> Ramon

may get a bit hung up on minutae (there&#39;s a one word description for th=
at..) but I never leave here without learning something valuable.<div><br><=
/div><div>I&#39;ll be staying, and I hope you will too; there are things to=
 learn and stories to hear that it&#39;s hard to find anywhere else.</div><=
ail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 12:11 PM,=
 Sandy Ganz via Tigers <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tigers@autox=
.team.net" target=3D"_blank">tigers@autox.team.net</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br=
px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">I&#39;m with you, I can&#39;t image this de=
ad horse being beaten any more...<br>
On 10/21/2015 7:15 PM, Ramon Spontelli via Tigers wrote:<br>
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
ARRRRRRRRR!<br>
That&#39;s all I can stand/I can&#39;t stand no more!<br>
What&#39;s WRONG out there?<br>
You have a small-block Ford in your Tiger.<br>
If you drain the oil out of the pan.<br>
You put four quarts back in.<br>
If you change the filter, you put five quarts back in.<br>
If you have a high-capacity, maybe seven-quart pan, you adjust accordingly.=
Screw the dipstick!=C2=A0 Make extra marks on it if you want to.=C2=A0 If y=
ou are<br>
worried about some concourse judge, screw the concourse judge.=C2=A0 Pack a=
n<br>
unmolested dipstick for the silly-ass concourse.=C2=A0 Anybody ever see one=
 pull<br>
the dipstick?<br>
Sorry . . .=C2=A0 I don&#39;t do this often, but this one seems sublimely r=
idiculous<br>
to me.<br>
Ramon<span class=3D""><br>
-----Original Message-----<br>
From: Tigers [mailto:<a href=3D"mailto:tigers-bounces@autox.team.net"; targe=
t=3D"_blank">tigers-bounces@autox.team.net</a>] On Behalf Of<br>
igers-request@autox.team.net</a><br>
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 3:45 PM<br>
To: <a href=3D"mailto:tigers@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank">tigers@autox=
.team.net</a><br>
Subject: Tigers Digest, Vol 7, Issue 375<br>
Today&#39;s Topics:<br>
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 1. Re: Dipstick and oil level report ( Ron Fraser)<br>
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 2. Re: Dipstick and oil level report ( Ron Fraser)<br>
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 3. Re: Dipstick and oil level report (<a href=3D"mailto:CoolV=
T@aol.com" target=3D"_blank">CoolVT@aol.com</a>)<br>
----------------------------------------------------------------------<br>
m.net</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=