[Tigers] Fuel Gauge Behavior

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Fuel Gauge Behavior
From: Terry Packer via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 17:11:36 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_13275650_1876192722.1579021896855

When I turn on the ignition, the fuel gauge rises to indicate the proper amount
of fuel in the tank. But it reaches that point over several seconds in lurches
as if the indicator hangs up temporarily. I'm curious whether that is normal
(or at least common) or whether it indicates a fault? Since this happens even
with a full tank of fuel (the tank sender already at the limit of its travel)
it would seem the cause is in the gauge.  As the tank empties during driving
the gauge always performs normally without any apparent hitches.

Besides the possibility of mechanical binding, I was wondering whether our
Jaeger analog instruments ever benefit from lubrication or is it intended that
the movements remain dry for their lifetimes?
ThanksTerry Packer

------=_Part_13275650_1876192722.1579021896855

ly:times new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:16px;"><div dir=3D"ltr=
" data-setdir=3D"false">When I turn on the ignition, the fuel gauge rises t=
o indicate the proper amount of fuel in the tank. But it reaches that point=
 over several seconds in lurches as if the indicator hangs up temporarily. =
I'm curious whether that is normal (or at least common) or whether it indic=
ates a fault? <span>Since this happens even with a full tank of fuel (the t=
ank sender already at the limit of its travel) it would seem the cause is i=
n the gauge. </span> As the tank empties during driving the gauge always pe=
rforms normally without any apparent hitches. <br></div><div dir=3D"ltr" da=
s the possibility of mechanical binding, I was wondering whether our Jaeger=
 analog instruments ever benefit from lubrication or is it intended that th=
e movements remain dry for their lifetimes?</div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setd=
div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">Terry Packer<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr=
------=_Part_13275650_1876192722.1579021896855--

--===============8136413958547628630==