Re: Brake Problems

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Problems
From: dmbrock@julian.uwo.ca (David Brock)
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 1995 01:05:26 -0400
Scott Tilton:
>Hello all,
>
>I'm getting pretty pissed off at brakes on my TR-4.  They just don't seem to
>release after I let go of the pedal.  The car ain't easy to push either.
> Lots of rolling resistance.
>
>I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the calipers or master cyl or hoses
>as I have rebuilt / replaced all of these.  Then again, I often don't do a
>good job because I am too anxious to drive around more.  So I could be wrong.

I haven't had the problem, but I'm looking at doing the brakes on my Spit in
the next while.  I wonder if there might be a problem with your handbrake
assembly. Does the problem persist when it is applied (does it trigger the
locked brakes), or is it only on the hydraulic system?

I don't know how the handbrake assembly might cause this, but after you
ruled out everything else, I thought I'd put in my $0.03(CDN) worth.  Good Luck.

David

--
dmbrock@julian.uwo.ca  <David M Brock>
The University of Western Ontario

I'm not going to bother with a .sig file for now.