Automatic Chokes: To Be or Not To Be...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Automatic Chokes: To Be or Not To Be...
From: dmbrock@julian.uwo.ca (David Brock)
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 1995 02:35:09 -0400
Greetings Fellow Triumph-ites(?):

My great news, though I'm sure I'm more excited than anyone else here will
be, is that after not really doing any pre-storage prep last fall to
Beverly, my '73 Spit, she needed no more than a bit of a blow-dry to the
distributor, and she fired right up today.  That, together with an insurance
slip, and I should be on the road on Sunday!  Yeah!

My question stems around automatic vs manual chokes.  My Stromberg is
currently fitted with a manual, but whenever I engage it, I feel like I'm
going to rip off the instrument panel.  It's a two-handed job.  I wonder if
anyone has any opinions about manual chokes on these carbs, and any reasons
why it would be advisable to go either way?
(Okay, okay. I'm also lazy and don't want to have to remember to use it)

Thanks in advance,

David

--
dmbrock@julian.uwo.ca  <David M Brock>
The University of Western Ontario

I'm not going to bother with a .sig file for now.