Re: Speedo cable.

To: Greg Meboe <meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu>
Subject: Re: Speedo cable.
From: rorr@eagle.wbm.ca (Rodney Orr)
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 1995 11:02:57 GMT
Cc: british-cars@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
>remove your speedo and see if a small screwdriver can easily be turned in
>the cable receptacle.  If it can't, do take the unit apart and oil it
>where the shaft mounts into the cast aluminum internals.

Greg,
Your guess about the speedo head being the problem was right on.  I'm sure
that a too liberal lubricating of the cable when I last "cleaned" the head
was partly to blame.

Do you have any idea how to safely remove the speedo needle so that I can
then get the face off?  I assume that the 2 tiny screws on the face to
either side of the needle are the only way to get inside for disassembly.

Thanks again,
Rod.
'70 TR6 (CC55899L)
Rodney Orr