Re: Rebushing strombergs

To: TR4guyinVA@aol.com
Subject: Re: Rebushing strombergs
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Mon, 1 May 1995 10:14:25 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Mon, 1 May 1995 TR4guyinVA@aol.com wrote:

> Oh, by the way, does anyone have any special techniques or magical stuff to
> shine up the outside of the carb?  I'm going to all this effort, it'd be nice
> to have really shinny carbs.

        Get the to a good auto supply like Carquest, etc. Look
        for Ouaters (sp?) polishing compound. It comes in a box
        that looks like it should hold bandaids. Inside is a fiber
        wad that is soaked in jewelers rouge or some other polishing
        compound. Follow the directions. It really spiffed up my
        SUs. BTW it works on nearly any metal...

        Greg (we called him "spit and polish" cos we was always
                spitting and he came from Poland) Petrolati

gpetrola@firefly.prairienet.org                 1962 Triumph TR4
        "That's not a leak... My car is marking it's territory!"
Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois