Re: title and year of car

To: "TERRY MURPHY" <terry.murphy@acadiau.ca>
Subject: Re: title and year of car
From: rorr@eagle.wbm.ca (Rodney Orr)
Date: Mon, 1 May 1995 22:41:12 GMT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>I have a TR6 with VIN CC52143L built in Feb.1970 but
>it was registered in 1971. In a posting the other day
>Rodney Orr stated that he has a 1970 TR6 CC55899L so
>this must make mine a 1970 also. Seems to me that a
>Feb.1970 production date car should not have been sold
>as a 1971.
>what da ya think?
>Terry Murphy
>Acadia University
>Wolfville N.S.
>Canada
>1970 - 1971 ?????? TR6

After this thread got started, I got to thinking about build date vs. model
year vs. registration date.  Although my car was built on July 2, 1970 and
is (as near as I can tell) a 1970 model in terms of equipment, it was first
registered in 1972.  As far as I am considered, my TR6 is a 1970.  I even
managed to get the model date changed on my vehicle registration from 1972
to 1970.  Dealing with cars this old, registration date is irrelevant to me
and potentially inaccurate when it comes to dating the car.

>From various sources, the 1970-1 model records are:
1st 1970 model (CC50001L) was built on 22-Nov-69.
1st car built in 1970 (CC51033L) was built on 01-Jan-70.
1st 1971 model (CC58298L), number uncertain and build date unknown.

Hope it is spring in Wolfville and that you'll soon be back on the road.  If
I can get my maintance caught up, I might be driving again in a couple of
weeks...  lets see, master brake and clutch cylinder rebuilds, main and
connecting rod bearings and thrust washers, new oil pump, clean speedo head
and install new cable, put seats back in, install top, install spin on oil
filter adapter, install rocker oil line ...

Regards,
Rod.
- - - - -
Rodney Orr