Re: Brakes Grabbing

To: David Brock <dmbrock@julian.uwo.ca>
Subject: Re: Brakes Grabbing
From: Robb Lightfoot <rlight@voyager.elec.shasta.cc.ca.us>
Date: Sun, 7 May 1995 07:49:12 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
> quite uniformly around the drum, too.
>
> Am I overlooking something, or is the cause simply a *very* slightly oblong
> drum on one or both of the rear brakes? (corrected with a replaced drum)

I am not a brake expert, but I've been here. In my case it was an out of
round drum. Brake man told me it was warped, and proved it by bolting it
up to a lathe and slowly turning it, allowing me to see. THe problem is
he recommended that I just replace the drum rather than turn it back into
round.

The same can happen on rotors and be even less obvious, until you apply
the brake...

Good luck. When in doubt (with brake stuff) replace it...