Re: TR6 Questions

To: TinyHost@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Questions
From: "Chris Kantarjiev" <cak@godzilla.studio.sgi.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 1995 17:39:29 -0700 "TR6 Questions" (May 11, 8:08pm)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
$150 should get you an r&r on the head at most any machine shop - that's just
the labor of installing the new guides and a valve job.

I *highly* recommend that you spring for silicon bronze valve guides and teflon
oil seals (intakes only). APT is the best source of these for the Triumph six.
(Well, lots of places sell some variant of bronze guides, but APT is the only
place I've found that will has the right guides and the right seals and will
machine the guides to fit.) Get a "three-angle" valve job while you're at it.