Valves & Oil Pressure

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Valves & Oil Pressure
From: TinyHost@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 May 1995 12:17:59 -0400
>(Well, lots of places sell some variant of bronze guides, but APT is
>the only place I've found that will has the right guides and the right
>seals and will machine the guides to fit.) Get a "three-angle" valve
>job while you're at it.

APT is a name I'm unfamiliar with - I'll keep an eye out for 'em. I
noticed that my TRF catalog had bronze guides available, along with
valve seats they recommended for use with no-lead fuel. Comments?

>>But what will that do to the pressure when cold? It's already at 90+
>
>Probably nothing - I'll bet that your relief valve is set around 90.

I saw a relief valve and spring in the TRF catalog, but I saw no
mention of any pressure rating. One could certainly increase the
setting by stretching the spring, but that seems to me to be somewhat
arbitrary. Is this the same valve you're talking about? (I don't want
to be a pain about this. I just panicked when I saw the high oil
pressure and wondered what I was getting myself into. <g>)

        Bruce Krobusek
        Rochester   NY
       tinyhost@aol.com
          '83 R80RT