TR6 Cooling

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Cooling
From: TinyHost@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 May 1995 21:23:04 -0400
Randell:

>For a car made near the transition, it's quite possible that a
>previous-year color would be used.

Kind of what I thought as well.

>You're probably missing the cardboard (yes) shroud between the
>radiator and the fan - without it the fan is rather ineffective.

Not missing, but not in the best of shape either. I have a replacement
on order.

>on a hot day, idling, my needle will go from less than 1/4 to ~1/2
>(highest I've seen it go after ~20-30 minutes, though it was still
>rising).

Interesting. On mine, it settles in at about 1/2 scale after about 10
minutes or so of running, no matter what the temperature. I guess it's
possible that my gauge is just reading high.

        Bruce Krobusek
        Rochester   NY
       tinyhost@aol.com
          '83 R80RT