Re: Lube Question and U-Joint Grease fitting (x-post)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lube Question and U-Joint Grease fitting (x-post)
From: "jpratchi" <jpratchi@isdlink1.ess.harris.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 95 10:48:25 est
   In a previous post, I described a U-Joint presented to me by my son to
commemorate the acquisition of my 1980 Spitfire last year which had a grease
fitting on one of the cups.  The U-Joint was purchased at Pep-Boys and is
manufactured by "Neapco" the part number for the Spitfire is 1-0300.  I have
not checked the availability in the local Pep-Boys (Melbourne Florida), the
U-Joint was purchased in a Gainesville, Florida store but I assume there is
central purchasing and distribution in a chain like Pep-Boys so all stores
have access to the same stock.
   The U-Joint has only been in place for a couple of months, but I can say that
it runs smoothly and the accessibility when I do decide to grease it will
approach the ease with which Greg Meboe replaces rear brake pads on the "big
kitty"!

   regards,   John