TR6 Brake Vacuum Servo Unit

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Brake Vacuum Servo Unit
From: TinyHost@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 1995 13:21:56 -0400
I've removed the brake master cylinder as it's sprung a leak and I
noticed brake fluid both in the engine bay and in the interior driver's
side coming from the brake pedal assembly. I also decided to remove
the brake vacuum servo unit to see if I could figure out how the brake
fluid was leaking into the cockpit. Near as I can tell the servo unit
has an unknown amount of brake fluid in it that, I assume, got in
there when the master cylinder started leaking.

My questions - how do I get the brake fluid out of the servo unit?
Since the fluid got in there is it going to be a problem down the road
if I'm unable to clean the servo unit out? Near as I can tell there's no
way to get the unit apart in order to clean everything out. As a new
unit seems to be going for around $250 from TRF, I'd really rather not
buy a replacement unit unless it's necessary.

Opinions?

        Bruce Krobusek
        Rochester   NY
       tinyhost@aol.com