Re: door alignment and body sag

To: pwatson@ix.netcom.com (Pete Watson)
Subject: Re: door alignment and body sag
From: croned@rcinet.com (Dan Crone)
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 1995 17:33:44 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>body shell is sagging, and becoming U-shaped fore-and-aft.  The rocker
>panels (sills) are box monocoques, which provide the stiffness to keep
>the trunk from folding up to meet the bonnet.  If the rockers have
>deteriorated or been improperly repaired, this sagging will result.
>Are the top edges of the doors rubbing against the rear of the door
>openings?

In short, yes.  At the back of the door, right above the handle, the gap
between door and rear of car is 1/8 inch.  This would explain why I can't
make the doors fit the car in the sense of any 'merican car I've owned.  So,
I get out the grinder and grind off the door until the gap looks right.
uhehehehehe-beavis repair service.  I guess when the doors won't close and
my butt is dragging on the ground, I'll have to fix it.  Do these cars sag
naturally after 20 years of bouncing around on the road?