Value of a 76 Spit--for sale

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Value of a 76 Spit--for sale
From: TR4guyinVA@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 1995 17:53:43 -0400
Hey all,

Met a person who needs to sell a 76 spitfire.  The usual story of new baby
means car must go.

I haven't seen it yet, but here's what I am told:

76 Spitfire-- White with black interior.  Paint looks very good, cept a
couple of bubbles starting to appear on trunklid.  The wheel trim rings are a
little rusty.
New top
New carpet
1 seat redone (guess the other is OK)
Engine has been rebuilt in the past couple of years.
She thinks it has alternator problems.
Otherwise it is A-OK.
The previous owner (3 years ago) always kept it garaged.  They wish they had
done the same, but I guess the Mercedes SL convertible got preferential
treatment.

Couldn't find many in this past month's hemmings to compare it with.  Anyone
want to hazzard a ballpark figure on what she should ask for it? Or if you
are interested in more info, drop me a note.

Scott Tilton
In Richmond VA