TR7 short

To: egilk@oslonett.no
Subject: TR7 short
From: gt8610a@prism.gatech.edu (Thomas Augustus Kimberly)
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 1995 09:48:06 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Seeing as how my TR6 attempted to turn its axle upside down while moving I
am currently carless and since the TR7 is in less pieces than the TR6 I am
going to attempt to make it run first.
As far as I can tell I have repaired all of the damage to the beast caused
by the fan falling off short of putting the radiator back in since I
haven't had time to go pick it up.  For some reason when the fan fell off
the battery lead to the started decided to fall against the block and
short it self out.  This carried with it the cable from the starter to the
alternator and the ignition wire all of which melted through and shorted
out in one glorious foof of ozone.  Now all three have been replace and I
cannot convince the car to start.
(Q) What sort of serious electrical damage could have been done by the
above wires shorting out?  Where should I start looking?

                                        -Thomas