Re: TR Overheating (TR X-Post)<Pine.PCW.3.91.950712141714.4583A-100000@d

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: TR Overheating (TR X-Post)<Pine.PCW.3.91.950712141714.4583A-100000@dos185.nysed.gov>
From: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570"<RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 1995 11:27:39 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
  sometime in this time dimension, before the Sun engulfed the planet Earth
  Andy Mace wrote

>Interesting. Seems to me various "factory" photos of home market GT6s,
>later Spits, etc. show tubing running from the air cleaner box up to
>somewhere in the front of the car. My 1970 GT6+ never had these, nor
>have other 6s I've seen over the years. Were these tubes deleted for the
>U.S. market? If so, does anyone know why?

Simple answer to this one Andy, all the tubing was used up on a previously
un-documented dealer fitting, neccessary in most parts of England called the
'Oh my God, look at the size of that puddle, we're gonna drown without a
snorkel' Snorkel fitment, obviously neccessary because of our weather.  So it
was a choice of either give the tubing to you lot over there so your cars run
OK, or supply it as a no-cost option to Home market customers so that they
could survive the British rain.  Simple Eh!!!  This is why LBC's are not
totally water tight, otherwise when the car emerged from the puddles the water
would remain in the car and make driving most unpleasant.

Hope thats cleared the matter up :-)

Rich
Northampton
England  (snorkel fitting as standard).